Check this page for information about Tyner Travelers and our upcoming trips! We are group of fun-loving people who travel to interesting sites all over our area. Look below for information about how you can join us!
Planned & Tentative Trips for 2018
Please mark your calendars for traveling opportunities in 2018. After meeting and reviewing the surveys that were filled out by church members, the committee has some trips that are already scheduled, and some that are still in the planning phase. More details will be provided as plans and costs are finalized. We would like for you all to understand that often times we are required to place deposits ahead of time to secure a booking. This means that we will require the total amount in advance from you because we do not have the funds to pay the deposits from our Tyner Travelers account. We charge enough to cover the expenses and do not make money off the trips. Thanks for your understanding in this matter. This will just be for certain events, and we will let you know that when we send out the information to you.
- July 12 – Lost Sea, lunch at Upstairs at the Mansion, and the Sweetwater Cheese Farm $28 for ticket for Lost Sea ticket and bus. Lunch is not included in price of the trip, and the average price of a meal is $10 plus drink.
- Tuesday, August 21 – Cumberland County Playhouse – Crossville, TN We will have lunch at the Cumberland Mountain State Park and see Boeing, Boeing. This was a smash hit in New York and London as well as a popular 1965 movie starring Tony Curtis and Jerry Lewis. Right now, we have 25 seats reserved so if you are interested in going, you need to get the money in quickly. That way we can reserve more seats if they are needed. Your payment confirms that you will be included in this trip. Cost includes ticket, lunch with tip, and bus costs. $52 Absolute Deadline – July 20
- Tyner Travelers’ Kentucky Trip September 11-14 – Includes 3 nights hotel at Embassy Suites in Lexington, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, Berea Tour, Admission to the Ark Encounter, Creation Museum and Kentucky Horse Park, and Shaker Village Tour. Motor coach transportation provided by Tyner United Methodist Church. $660 Double and $950 Single rooms
$100 Deposit is due to confirm your space by June 25, 2018 Final payment is due August 1, 2018. Trip insurance is also available.
**Make checks payable to Tyner United Methodist Church** with Kentucky Trip on the memo line. Please see Mary Nesbitt or Midge Theodore for forms.
- October 5 – Apple trip to Mercier’s and lunch at Pat’s Kitchen Deadline – October 2 Cost – $28
Trips that will take place
Details will come soon.
- October 20 – Craft Fair – Mentone, AL Cost will be bus only! We are still looking at areas close by to visit that day.
- November 8 – Helen, GA
Trips that will take place, but we are still finishing up plans.
“Save the Dates”
- June 14-15 Overnight trip to the Highlands and Dillard, GA We will spend the night at the Dillard House with dinner and breakfast included.
- September 10-14 or (15) Trip to the Ark, Creation Museum, Berea, KY, and the Old Town Amish Store, Shaker Village, and a visit to a horse farm.
- First part of December – Lunch at the Tate House Mansion in Tate, GA. This is a possible trip and no confirmations have been made yet. The mansion is beautifully decorated for Christmas.
- Possible trips for “2019”
*Please start looking at these. Epworth by the Sea is a beautiful Methodist Conference Center in South Georgia. There will be day trips to nearby sites from the Center, and this will possibly be our extended trip.
- Spring – Epworth by the Sea, Sea Island, GA
- TELLUS Science Museum, Cartersville, GA