Tyner United Methodist Church – Director of Creative Media and Communication
The role of the Director of Creative Media and Communication is to create, manage, and elevate all forms of media and communication, so that Tyner United Methodist Church might have the greatest impact in our community through technology and communication.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- CREATIVE MEDIA
- Create and distribute weekly posts for online social media platforms concerning upcoming events such as sermon series, seasonal programs, small group classes, etc.
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar.
- Design, film, and produce videos to meet the needs of the staff and to highlight major events in the church.
- Oversee the purchase, installation, and operation of worship technology.
- Recruit, train, and schedule media team to include operators for cameras, sound, livestream, and visual media.
- Manage all aspects of livestream to include: maintain all cameras, computers and other equipment used in livestreaming.
- Prepare and load slides into pro-presenter for events and worship services.
- Work with Director of Worship to make sure sound and equipment needs are met, to include keeping fresh batteries in stock, making sure equipment is functioning properly, and that any new equipment is purchased as a part of our overall plan for technology.
- Assist with managing a church app and podcast.
- Maintain and update the website with current information including weekly posting of sermons and worship services. Post additional information as requested by staff and laity.
- Oversee Church marketing.
- Gather, create, and disseminate information about current events and activities to include:
- The Tyner Times, weekly and monthly editions.
- Pre-worship announcement slides.
- Printed materials including brochures, rack cards, posters, and temporary signage.
- Work with Senior Pastor, Trustees, and Building and Grounds Committees to create and maintain relevant and accurate permanent signage throughout the campus.
3. OTHER DUTIES
- Update computer, and maintain hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot issues and contact service providers as necessary.
- Maintain wireless routers.
- Ensure technology needs are arranged for all groups upon request.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of livestream setup and streaming, to include Vimeo, Livestream Studio, streaming to Facebook and YouTube simultaneously, Blackmagic TV switcher, DSLR cameras, lenses, and camcorders, and an ability to troubleshoot under pressure to ensure a timely livestream production.
- Experience in recruiting, training, scheduling, and encouraging team members for fruitful ministry.
- Extensive knowledge of sound, video, and computer equipment.
An ideal candidate will:
- Be a self-starter who is committed to life-long learning as technology needs and abilities change. Must be able to adapt to change and keep up with the latest trends in technology and communication.
- Work well with others and welcome constructive feedback on all projects.
- Exude a spirit of creativity, partnered with a deep sense of purpose and responsibility.
- Work with initiative and does not require extensive oversight when completing duties.
- Have a deep and abiding faith in Jesus, a love for all people, and a commitment to excellence in communication.
- Be familiar with The United Methodist Church.
- Be familiar with basic cyber security tools and practices.
The Director of Creative Media and Communication will report directly to the Senior Pastor for daily supervision and will be overseen by the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Hours & Pay
Due to the ever-changing nature of this position, as well as the critical need for creative media and communication to grow in faith, as well as numbers, this position requires a minimum of 28 hours per week. This would include Sunday morning and Wednesday evening, as well as regular office hours. Compensation will be $20 per hour.